Thursday, May 18, 2017

We Made It!!!

Many Hours with NO SLEEP Makes for a GREAT day in Vienna!

What a day....or two!! hahaha We began at UCA promptly at 6:15 (well, MOST were early and that made me happy---what GREAT girls)! Then it all began...well, truth be told..the mishaps began on Tuesday. First a folder was accidentally picked up by someone else creating a sense of doom in one girl. I wouldn't blame her....not something I would want to lose on the DAY before we leave!!!

Then this morning we found that one girls luggage broke last night....and the UCA shuttle never came (but we DID make our flights! !!) and girls had luggage that was way too much weight....but all is well and it was a beautiful day in Vienna! 

We took a pic before we left 


And one when we got to Vienna, and on the bus to the Institute. I will take more pics....today was just a lazy day and we were exhausted, to say the least. We arrived in Vienna at 8:40am (which was 1:40am Arkansas time).  

And now it is almost 8:00pm and I have been up for nearly 32 hours. I am SO tired! But I know if I didn't write at least SOMETHING I wouldn't write at all tonight.

We flew into Amsterdam from Atlanta. I have a new stamp in my passport....yay!!!

All I wanted was a pic of Amsterdam....or at least in the airport with "Amsterdam" in it, but no such luck. Oh well. Touching down, all we could see was clouds and rain. Oh well...we WERE there and that is cool to say. I think we were all just ready to be OFF the plane....it was only 8 hours, but that is a long time to sit in the plane.  

But as we got to Vienna I was excited to be back. All the memories of when I had come before came rushing back. I got in at midnight and it was pouring rain so it was MUCH different. I had no luggage and no place to stay. This time was MUCH more fun :)

Sophie met us and we loaded up in a big tour bus and off we went. I had forgotten about the crazy driving in the city. But I did remember the city. What fun! I think we were all just super tired!!! But it IS just as beautiful as I remember....and construction everywhere as always too. Stephensplatz is  ALWAYS under construction. I'll share pics tomorrow.

Being at AAIE (the Institute) as the LEADER this time was kind of weird and cool all at the same time. Because I was battling fiercely with being soooo tired, all I wanted to do was sit back and relax and let it all be taken care of without me at the helm. On the other hand, being on this side of the table was exhilerating. All I wanted was for the girls to be as excited as I was 6 years ago when I came. I think they ARE excited...and that is good.

Off to bed....now let's hope that I can sleep longer than 4-6 hours.

Until tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment