I have walked a million steps...well, maybe NOT a million, but it sure SEEMS so! I actually had over 12,000 by 2pm and ending the day with around 20,000 or more. My phone just died, so I don't know exactly, but it is a LOT. I can tell by my aching swollen feet.
But today was spectacular. After a drizzly rainy chilly day yesterday, today's sunshine was magnificent. Having Spencer and Kelsey added to my happiness. Then I met Elizabeth, our Historical City Tour Guide. SHE was perfect. She was a little older and was so perfect with the students. She and Lisa and I may have dinner on Saturday and just visit! She told us so many wonderful experiences and tid bits!
While I'd love to share them all, it is getting late, and we have another long day today (heading to Budapest)
Albetina was about the same as the first time I went. Some neat pieces, but Art just doesn't do it for me. I like the kind of art I like....but expressionism and all the whacky stuff doesn't do it for me. Neither do naked women nor Picasso...he was a nut job. I can't figure out ANY of his works, nor do I care to. Some pieces in the museum were neat...and the tour of their residence was a highlight...times were SOOO different then. People may have to wait 3 days to get a meeting with Maria Christina. WHAT??? The tour guide said she just may not have wanted to visit with them. Crazy life of rich people in power.
After Albertina, we just tooled around. Went to Zanoni and Zanoni to get some gelato with a few of the students, then to the Rathaus to check it out. I think it is my favorite building. And the tents selling Austrian goods was there as well....too much beer, but that is the culture.
We found our way home...and to the grocery store. Tomorrow is another grand adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment