Sunday, June 23, 2019

Bitter Sweet

I love church!! That is just how it is! I didn’t check the time and thought it was at 9am. Imagine my surprise as I walked into the building and NO ONE was there. I sat and read from the Book of Mormon, figuring that at very least I could be uplifted if it was Stake Conf or something. And if not, maybe they would show up. About 10 minutes later people started filing in for a 9:30am start. I met a couple from Pennsylvania who are traveling Central Europe. He had served his mission in Prague so they would end their travels there. How cool is that!!! I also saw Jessica S come in. I love that I met people the first weekend and now I know them and can interact with friends at church rather than just going.

In Relief Society, again I sat by Stephanie. I should know her last name, but I have forgotten. After the meeting we talked for a long time, getting to know one another better. She got my email and promised to stay in touch since I will be returning next May and her family will still be there. Her husband works at the Embassy in Bratislava.

It was a good day at church!!!

After going home and resting for a bit, packing a little, and even taking a nap, I met Natalie at 3pm to walk around the city a bit before we met the girls for a final dinner together at Vapiano’s and our Pow Wow in the Park (which was actually around the table at dinner since it had been raining MOST of the day).

It was raining a bit, but that didn’t stop us. I showed her the canal and then we wandered back into town. I sauntered down streets I had never been on, seeing things I have never seen. How fun is THAT! In fact….Natalie hadn’t tried Apfelstrudel yet, so we stopped at a cool old candy sweets confectionary. They served it warm with a warm vanilla sauce - much like a more liquid form of vanilla pudding. It was good.






This time around the discussion sharing was different than usual. Not sure if it was the students, the size of the group, or it being at the restaurant instead of the ambiance of the park. But it was a good time. We headed to Zanoni & Zanoni for a final gelato together too....Anna’s classic blueberry that makes even her teeth blue :) This has been a good trip. Hard to believe it is over. But it is!





The van picks me up at 3:30 am tomorrow …. quick shower and finish packing and getting EVERTHING cleaned up and all in order to go. All I have to do is get up, put my PJs in my suitcase and my chocolate too. So long Vienna! It has been nice. So long Christine, Jessica, Stephanie, Elizabeth, Esther, Hermann, Gretl, and Verena! Until next time….until May 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment